Would you like to have a high impact, memorable, internationally acclaimed HIV Advocate to visit, teach or train your staff and young people about HIV, AIDS and SRE as seen on BBC One?
Why should secondary schools teach HIV & AIDS?
- It must be taught under the Education Act 1996 F771
- Compulsory in National Curriculum Science
- GCSE requirement at KS4
- Legal duty to promote the well-being of their pupils (Education and Inspections Act 2006 Section 38)
- Training staff can help protect school from discrimination litigation under Equality Act 2010
Lizzie Jordan delivers bespoke, engaging, age appropriate SRE training sessions, talks, assemblies or workshops for staff, parents and young people.
- She is passionate about delivering inclusive HIV prevention and safer sex messages, reinforced by her own experiences and sharing her emotive powerful story of living with HIV.
- Workshops with young people can be tailored to relate to KS3 and KS4 featuring core themes of Health and Wellbeing, Relationships and Living in The Wider World.
- Her workshops make powerful additions to PSHE and carousel days.
- Sessions are designed to fit within your SRE and PSHE plans, or your staff training needs and start from just £150.
- Every session is supported by Think2Speak handouts, activities and signposting literature.
Lizzie has been featured in:
Who is Lizzie Jordan
- HIV+ widow, single parent and Founder of Think2Speak
- Sits on the NHS England Clinical Reference Group for HIV
- Works internationally as an acclaimed HIV advocate consultant and speaker
- Featured in BBC One The Truth About HIV showing her educating young people about HIV
- She's spoken in the House of Lords and is regularly featured in the national media
- Has been interviewed by Stephen Fry
- A journalist dubbed Lizzie as ‘The Nigella of HIV’ and she totally smashes the stereotype of someone living with HIV to pieces!
Book Lizzie to support:
- Sexual Health Week 11th-17th September
- National HIV Testing Week 18th – 25th November
- World AIDS Day 1st December
Book Lizzie today
Don’t just take our word for it – the feedback is 5 star!
"We just wanted to send a quick note to say THANK YOU to you for such inspirational and engaging sessions. As you heard when you were there in the room and as continued long after you left, the feedback following your talks was so positive and warm - truly, some fabulous insights." PSHE Lead in Secondary school
"Your story is incredible, and you are so strong, and brave and inspiring. Thank you for sharing." Year Ten secondary school young person
"I found the presentation very informative; it answered questions which I had often thought about but not investigated further. Your way of presenting the subject was clear and precise and you put everyone at easy with your unflappable delivery." Secondary school teacher