Think2Speak’s Nurture groups are aimed at boosting self-esteem and confidence. These groups are an intervention aimed at promoting self-esteem and participation in young people.
The sessions are based on the principles of group therapy with the aims of:
- Increasing classroom participation
- Increasing self-esteem in young children
- Building resilience and coping mechanisms
- Building social skills
- To give less confident children a chance to shine in a positive and warm group setting
Ofsted recommend Nurture Groups to improve attendance, increase educational engagement, foster emotional wellbeing and reduces aggression and incidents of withdrawn behaviour.
The participants are identified by staff in schools to take part in a weekly 1 hour session for 6 weeks grouped by year or key stage. The groups are facilitated by Think2Speak counsellors, all of whom are fully qualified, experienced working with young people and members of the BACP.
The six week programme costs:
- Group of up to 4 children with 1 counsellor - £360 Member school £540 Non Member school
- Group of up to 8 children with 2 counsellors - £720 Member school £1080 Non Member school
- Membership costs £270 per year per setting