Suitable for all staff working with children and young people including senior management, teaching and support staff.
Attachment behaviours can be some of the most challenging that are experienced with children and young people. Understanding attachment and developmental needs equips staff to effectively support students in managing healthy relationships and regulating emotional distress.
This is a one day training course, which will provide you with up-to-date knowledge and equip you with practical skills to use when working with children and young people with attachment difficulties. By the end of the training you will have:
- An understanding of why attachment is fundamental to our survival
- Explored the history of attachment theory
- Recognised the importance of key attachment figures
- Considered attachment behaviours through the lens of connection
- Identified the four key attachment styles
- Reflected on the attachment history of someone you know
- Created a strategy to support the attachment style of a student or child
- Explored mental health issues common to attachment styles
This is a professional development event designed to increase knowledge and develop skills in this area. The approach to learning is both interactive and engaging to meet the needs of all participants.
One day course – please contact us for the next available date. The course can be delivered in two modes either as a facilitated for a single organisation or on a per delegate basis for centrally held courses. Please contact to discuss your requirements.
• Telephone 01522 253 155
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org