Suitable for staff working with children and young people including Primary and Secondary staff, senior management, teaching and support staff.
This Level 2 qualification is an experiential course aimed to enable professionals to increase their knowledge, deepen their understanding and further develop their skills in working with children and young people in relation to their emotional health and well-being. The programme includes 16 guided learning hours, certification which is issued as an Ascentis award which carries the Ofqual Level 2 nationally recognised qualification status.
By the end of the course, participants will have covered the following areas:
- Understanding the wider therapeutic framework - This module focuses on understanding the purpose of therapeutic interventions, reflects upon a variety of therapeutic roles, outlines the therapeutic models of Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Person Centred approaches. It also considers the importance of ethics when working therapeutically.
- Basic Therapeutic Skills - This practical module focuses on the three 'core concepts', understanding and practicing the language of empathy, listening & communication skills.
- The Formation of Identity & Personality -In this module participants will explore the key factors involved with the psychosocial formation of identity & personality.
- Self-Regulation & Distress Management - In this unit participants will explore how self-regulation is crucial to healthy brain development & understand the link between an integrated brain and secure attachments.
This course involves a level of personal reflective work, participants will be invited to explore their own experience in relation to the course topics so that they are able to recognise their own potential triggers and defences, leading to greater empathy with and understanding of their client group.
Please contact us for the next available course start date - this training is delivered over two days. The course can be delivered in two modes either as a facilitated for a single organisation or on a per delegate basis for centrally held courses. Please contact to discuss your requirements.
- Telephone 01522 253 155
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org