Puberty Teacher Training for Primary (Half day workshop)
A half day workshop for teachers exploring what should be taught in a puberty lesson, how and when
- Participants will feel more confident to teach sex and relationships to their pupils
- Participants will understand how policy can affect their practice and how to ensure that their school policy is robust and fit for purpose
- Participants will feel more confident talking to parents about sex and relationships
- Participants will appreciate how effective sex and relationships promotes and supports the safeguarding of children
- Participants will gain knowledge of where puberty fits within a cohesive spiral curriculum of sex and relationships education within their school
- Participants will feel more able to use and/or create innovative, interactive resources to assist with delivery of sex and relationships education
- Participants will consider the benefits of assessment and how to ensure that their scheme of work is fit for purpose
This interactive training session is ideal for those teachers and teaching assistants who are new to teaching sex and relationships, but also provides an opportunity for those more experienced staff to consider new and emerging trends and update their practice.
Teaching about puberty before children experience it is essential to ensure that pupils’ physical, emotional and learning needs are met and that they have the correct information about how to take care of their bodies and keep themselves safe. Teaching about puberty is also considered a key safeguarding issue by both OFSTED and the PSHE Association.
This course will ensure that schools are using a whole school approach, consulting with parents and children, instigating an exciting programme of work and assessing learning.
“I am feeling more confident to teach SRE and have a plan now where I can deliver the programme with the support from school”.
“Great activities – made me feel more positive that ‘I ‘can do’ – and am happy to do!! Lots of fun – thank you”
“Thank you for a very interesting but also fun course that has been very helpful when considering the future delivery of SRE”.
To enquire about booking training > complete the form here or call us now on 01522 253 155